Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Here's a progression I wrote:

The midi backing tracks were generated by a program called "Band in a Box ". After entering the chords, picking a style, and setting the tempo, I recorded the solo using the six-string chromatic electric solid-body dulcimer my dad made for me. (Tuned DADADD) Now I just need to come up with a melody!

There's no way I could have improvised this solo in one take without the exercises I've been working on the last few weeks. I've been practicing minor 7, dominant 7, and major 7 arppegios around the cycle of 4ths. (C, F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, B, E, A, D, G) If you'd like to know more about how to do this yourself, check out Jamey Aebersold's "Volume 1 - How to Play Jazz and Improvise".

Thanks For Stopping By,

Stephen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home